(Choosy blogs choose Jif! Ha ha ha!)
Presenting... the last PB dinner recipe "assignment" recipe: Chicken Peanut Mole! Thanks again to www.jif.com for this one, slightly adapted here. (Since their site was so helpful this week, I'm saluting Jif with a photo of my favorite Jif PB--yay, Jif!) Look for a new PB "assignment" theme next week, and have fun with this recipe!
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3-4 cloves chopped garlic
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 tablespoon chile powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 cup chicken broth
1-14 and 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes, and the liquid
1/2 cup creamy PB
salt and pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips
1/2 oz. grated unsweetened chocolate
- In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onions, and bell pepper, cook about 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add the chili powder, oregano, and cinnamon. Cook about 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add the vinegar and stir to combine well. Add the chicken stock, tomatoes and the liquid, and the creamy PB. Stir to blend well and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring often, until the sauce is thickened.
- Taste, add salt and pepper if desired. Add the chicken strips and simmer, stirring often, until done, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the chocolate and simmer, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is completely dissolved.
- Serve and enjoy!