BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Welcome to PB Planet!

If you like picture books, peanut butter, or both, you've crash-landed in the right spot. Fluff your reading pillow, grab a spoon, and stay awhile!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

PB Planet Daily Specials--7/01/09

Here are the PBs I read on my planet today--have you read them? What did you think?

Diogenes by M.D. Usher, illustrated by Michael Chesworth (Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2009).

Moon Rabbit by Natalie Russell (Viking, Penguin Young Readers Group, 2009).

Shark and Lobster’s Amazing Undersea Adventure by Viviane Schwarz, colored by Joel Stewart (Candlewick, 2006).

Tillie Lays an Egg by Terry Golson, photography by Ben Fink (Scholastic Press, 2009).

What the Sea Saw by Stephanie St. Pierre, illustrated by Beverly Doyle (Peachtree Publishers, 2006).

2 comments:

Terry Golson said...

I read "Tillie Lays an Egg" today for a library story time - I'm the author! I even had the real, live Tillie with me. Thanks for mentioning my book on your blog. Have you been to my web site? You can watch the hens live on hencam. See you at a SCBWI event :)
--Terry

Ame Dyckman said...

Terry, it's an honor to have you as a visitor to PB Planet! I loved your book, Tillie Lays an Egg! The storyline was engaging, the names of your chickens are a riot, I thought it was great that you used your own fantastic vintage props, and the "find Tillie's egg" on each DPS was a fun treat. I just tried the hencam, but the chickens are "already in bed for the night." (You're a good Mom, Terry--I think my kid is still up, but your chickens are sleeping!) All you PBnauts, here's the hencam address if you want to check it out come sunrise, and you should DEFINITELY check out Tillie Lays an Egg. Thanks, Terry! Hope to see you at a SCBWI event, too!

http://www.hencam.com/index.php

Blog Archive