BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Welcome to PB Planet!

If you like picture books, peanut butter, or both, you've crash-landed in the right spot. Fluff your reading pillow, grab a spoon, and stay awhile!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

PB Planet Spotlight: Bubble Trouble

Big PB Planet applause for Bubble Trouble by Margaret Mahy, illustrated by Polly Dunbar (Clarion Books, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2008). In this fantastically fun rhyming read-aloud, little Mabel blows a bubble... which carries her baby brother away! It'll take the efforts of the whole town (including one naughty little boy with a slingshot) to bring Baby down to Earth. With Mahy's bouncy, tongue-tripping rhymes and Dunbar's always-charming illustrations, kids are bound to ask for this silly suspenseful tale again and again. (At least, mine does!) Zoom on over to your local bookstore and bring it back to your home planet today!

2 comments:

Kathy Temean said...

Ame,

Where have you been? I'm missing your wonderful humor on my blog. I have been hearing a lot of buzz about your blog. All good buzz.

Kathy

Ame Dyckman said...

Hi, Kathy! Sorry, I've just been swamped, and it's cutting into my 'puter time. And that makes Ame grumpy! GRRR! (And, apparently, makes Ame refer to herself in the third person.) But your blog is one of the best! Anybody interested in children's publishing should check it out daily--"Writing and Illustrating" in my blogroll. (I do, I just hadn't been commenting. Bad Ame!) Thanks for the kind words!

Blog Archive