BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Welcome to PB Planet!

If you like picture books, peanut butter, or both, you've crash-landed in the right spot. Fluff your reading pillow, grab a spoon, and stay awhile!

Monday, August 3, 2009

Your Opinion, Please!

Hey, PBnauts! Have any of you tried these PB-plus-condiment-in-a-jar spreads? I can see the pluses: reduced refrigerator space, fewer dirty butter knives, etc. But, I'm rather fond of my PB-on-one-slice, jam-on-the-other system--it's worked well for me for so long! (Plus, I'm rather a jam snob--seedless black raspberry or imported Swiss cherry are my current faves, and you do NOT want to know the import tax on foreign items shipped to outer space!) But, if you've tried these, what did you think?

6 comments:

Corey Schwartz said...

I don't keep my PB refrigerated, so there's a problem right there!

Jeanne said...

I like my jams separate, and I, too, am a bit of a jam snob and prefer wonderful sweet things like seedless black raspberry, and just about anything made by Bonne Maman!

Ame Dyckman said...

Corey, that's an interesting point! I don't keep my PB refrigerated, either. I LOVE cold PB, though (yup, I pop my Reese's PB Cups in the freezer), but PB really has to be room temp for sandwiches, or else it just won't spread, right?! And Jeanne, I just had to look up Bonne Maman... how could I have not known about this? (I suspect it was the gingham lid. It cast this whole gingham invisibility field over the jar, I think. I am also unable to see toile.) But these jams look awesome! So okay, no go on the combo jar. Here's to unrefrigerated, fancy-jam PB sandwiches!

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

I can't even look at the combo jam and pb jar. Something about this has always freaked me out a bit. Plus, I'm a moody girl when it comes to the jam. Sometimes cherry, sometimes strawberry or raspberry. I might even go a little crazy and do grape. But it's never the same twice in a row. And that's my PB&J confession.

Ame Dyckman said...

(laughing) Cindy, I LOVE your line, "that's my PB&J confession." Mine would probably involve going back for thirds after a particularly upsetting editor rejection letter... ;)

Kathy Temean said...

None of you mentioned peach preserves. It tastes good and is a little different than strawberry and raspberry (which I do like). Grape Jam and jelly reminds me of medicine, since my mother used to crushed pills and mixed it in with the grape jam. It's been many years, but I still can taste it.

Kathy

Blog Archive