BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Welcome to PB Planet!

If you like picture books, peanut butter, or both, you've crash-landed in the right spot. Fluff your reading pillow, grab a spoon, and stay awhile!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Grate-Full

Hi, PBnauts! Today, I am so grateful, I'm grate-full. I'm grateful that the space station repairs seem to be complete (until the next thing goes KABLOOEY, anyway--hah!). I'm grateful to have had the nice "chin-up!"s from all you. (You guys rock, do ya know that? You totally do.) I'm grateful to the super-awesome Heather Ayris for posting an interview about me (don't make fun of my picture!) on her blog today: http://frolickingthroughcyberspace.blogspot.com/ I'm grateful that some people within earshot of my loud voice (digital and otherwise) voted for Peter Brown's The Purple Kangaroo in the Cheerios poll. (Go, go, The Purple Kangaroo! And remember, you can vote once a day until the contest is over!) http://promo.simonandschuster.com/cheerios-poll/poll.php And, I'm really, really grateful I'm not a medieval peasant, because I just read the most "Bummer, dude!" PB, The Miserable Life of Medieval Peasants by Jim Whiting (Capstone Press, 2010). Stinky houses, crummy food, disease... and logs for pillows? That's right: the poor medieval peasants had to use LOGS for pillows! That really put things in perspective for me. No matter how crunchy life can get, at least I've always got a comfy pillow. (Even when I'm screaming into it!) So, here's to not being a medieval peasant! And here's to gratitude! *clink*

4 comments:

Corey Schwartz said...

Your interview was hilarious! Loved it!

Ame Dyckman said...

Hey, thanks, Corey! Heather's blog ("Frolicking Through Cyberspace") is lots of fun, as is yours, missy! (In fact, your blog has a perma-page on my cell phone! I never delete it, because I'm always checking it! That's like, the blog equivalent of the auto-dial phone number button, right?) ;)

StrugglingSerpent aka BL McIlvain said...

Hey Missy! I read your interview on Heather's blog. Very cute! Picture Book authors are so much fun! Hmmmm, maybe I can do a HOMER picture book! Only kidding - I wouldn't know where to start! NJSCBWI ROCKS! Doesn't it? It is sooo cool to see so many of us realizing our dreams. Forwarddddd Ho!!!! Bettelynn

Ame Dyckman said...

Hey, Bettelynn! Thanks for the kind words. You could totally write a HOMER picture book, but I see it laid out more as a manga/graphic novel, right? Cute 16-year-old male extraterrestrial? There's a built-in 12 year-old female fan base there, right? (And remember, great manga get picked up as great anime...) :)

Blog Archive