BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Welcome to PB Planet!

If you like picture books, peanut butter, or both, you've crash-landed in the right spot. Fluff your reading pillow, grab a spoon, and stay awhile!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Space Ick, Fort, Workshop, Congrats, Etc.!

Mornin', PBnauts! I've kicked my nasty case of Space Ick that kept me grounded on Friday (thank you, Emergen-C!) and now I'm VROOMIN' to get back in the ol' Blog Saddle. YEE-HAW! Want a free sample of Emergen-C? Go here: http://www.emergenc.com/

Was able to drag my sorry self off the couch on Friday/Saturday and participate in the construction of this awesome blanket fort. (Still THE BEST rainy day activity, don't you think?)

The BESTEST part of the fort? MonkeyKid's sign:

THE BIG WEEKEND BLAST: yesterday's NJ SCBWI Mentoring Workshop! Editors Mary Kate Castellani (Walker), Nicole Kasprzak (Putnam), Erica Sussman (Harper) and the on-my-Genius-Idol-List Noa Wheeler (Henry Holt) had brilliant feedback for everybody. Great job as always, Kathy Temean and Laurie Wallmark!

A "CONGRATULATIONS KITTEN" to new author/illustrator buddy, Kate Hosford, who just signed a DOUBLE PB deal for her BIG BOUFFANT and BIG BOUFFANT 2, acquired by Andrew Karre at Lerner Publishing. The first will be the lead book on Lerner Publishing's Carolrhoda imprint's Spring 2011 list. Way to go, Kate!

Remember, PBnauts: share some good news, and I'll post it with this Congratulations Kitten! You KNOW you want a Congratulations Kitten of your own!

THE BIG WEEKEND BUMMER: yesterday night's Red Robin Dinner. Imagine my horror when I discovered Red Robin Corp. has RUINED their previously fabulous "Mountain High Mud Pie" dessert! They... they... NO, IT'S TOO TERRIBLE! I CAN'T EVEN BRING MYSELF TO SAY IT! Well, okay:

They took out the PB.

Blasphemy! Heresy! Just plain "Well, that STINKS!" I will be making an indignant inquiry call to the company later today.

From the Weird Questions Your Kids Ask You file: "Mommy, have you ever been in a duel?" I didn't think the time was right to tell her the truth, so I said no.

Possibly the CUTEST BLOG IN THE UNIVERSE can be found here: http://www.swimmerjordan.blogspot.com/

Straps BREAKING on "Return to Library" bag! Must unload! Shout if you read any of these I-recently-read PBs, and tell us what you thought! And y'know what? I'm not even going to alphabetize this list! (Yup, I'm feeling THAT wild and crazy today!)

Perfectly Arugula by Sarah Dillard (Sterling, 2009).

Tess's Tree by Jess M. Brallier, illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds (Harper, HarperCollins, 2009).

My Parents Are Divorced, My Elbows Have Nicknames, and Other Facts About Me by Bill Cochran, illustrated by Steve Bjorkman (HarperCollins Publishers, 2009).

Chicks and Salsa by Aaron Reynolds, illustrated by Paulette Bogan (Bloomsbury Children's Books, 2005).

Feeling Sad by by Sarah Verroken (Enchanted Lion Books, 2009).

Matilda's Humdinger by Lynn Downey, illustrated by Tim Bowers (Alfred A. Knopf, 2006).

A Crazy Day at the Critter Cafe by Barbara Odanaka, illustrated by Lee White (Margaret K. McElderry Books, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, 2009).

Pennies for Elephants by Lita Judge (Disney Hyperion Books, 2009).

Teeny Tiny Ernest by Laura T. Barnes, illustrated by Carol A. Camburn (Barnesyard Books, 2000).

In the Dark of the Night by Paul Stewart, illustrated by Tim Vyner (Frances Lincoln Children's Books, 2008).

Hurry Up and Slow Down by Layn Marlow (Holiday House, 2008).

The Patch by Justina Chen Headley, illustrated by Mitch Vane (Charlesbridge, 2006).

Ocean Waves and Other Tales by Helen H. Kimbrough, illustrated by Lena Shiffman (AK Classics, 2007).

Dinosaur Bob and His Adventures with the Family Lazardo by William Joyce (A Laura Geringer book, HarperCollins Publishers, 1995).

Whoever You Are by Mem Fox, illustrated by Leslie Staub (Harcourt Brace & Company, 1997).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you read more PB's in a week than my little town library has on the shelves!!
Glad you're feeling better. Sorry about the mud pie ...

Corey Schwartz said...

A double PB deal? Wow! That is awesome for her. (though I never understand why publisher's do that? Why not wait and see how the first book does? Guess I should have asked that at Rutgers last week))

Ame Dyckman said...

Hey, Jeanne! Yeah, I'm super-lucky with the awesome library. (Mercer County Main Branch rocks da house!) Plus (and I'm not kidding), when I walk in, they all call me by name! (I KNOW! Very "Cheers," right?) The only problem is, you get your library card with your proof-of-residence, utility bill, etc., right? Well, all that junk is in my REAL (as in, real awful) name. I love that my librarians welcome me, so I never corrected anybody...

Ame Dyckman said...

Hey, Corey! That's a really good question! I'll ask Kate if she can share details and I'll let you know. (See, I'm such a newbie, it didn't seem unusual to me, just twice-as-awesome.) Thanks!

Blog Archive