BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Welcome to PB Planet!

If you like picture books, peanut butter, or both, you've crash-landed in the right spot. Fluff your reading pillow, grab a spoon, and stay awhile!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Three Truths

Hi, PBnauts! Three Truths for today:
1. Super Agent Scott is a total Rock Star!
2. At the current rate, it is unlikely there will be any Reese's Peanut Butter cups left here on the Space Station by the time Halloween gets here.
3. I'll have my picture up at the post office if I don't shuttle down and pay my overdue book fines at the Library before closing today. On my "owe" list:

A Friend Like You by Julia Hubery, illustrated by Caroline Pedler (Good Books, 2009). Sweet opposites-are-friends story between a panda and a little golden monkey in the bamboo forest.

The Emperor’s New Clothes by Hans Christian Andersen, translated by Naomi Lewis, illustrated by Angela Barrett (Candlewick Press, 1997). Well-told, gorgeously illustrated version (LOVE the dogs!) of the classic fairy tale.

Henry & The Crazed Chicken Pirates by Carolyn Crimi, illustrated by John Manders (Candlewick Press, 2009). The shipwrecked book-lovin’ bunny and his pirate family must fight off a flock of attacking pirate… chickens?

The Hungry Ghosts by Julius Lester, illustrated by Geraldo Valerio (but there’s an accent over the e, and my computer’s not cooperating, Dial Books for Young Readers, Penguin Young Readers Group, 2009). Interesting ghost story that answers the question, “What do ghosts eat?”

The Little Toy Shop by Frances Wolfe (Tundra Books, 2008). Satisfying, feel-good story of stuffed animal friends separated, then reunited, thanks to a very special toy store and its very special, jolly, bearded (sounds familiar...) owner.

What are your three truths for today? Share 'em here!


8 comments:

Shelli Cornelison said...

1. I'm counting down the days 'til the Anastasia Suen PB Workshop I'm attending. Woot! Woot!

2. I'm anxiously awaiting an update from a friend who is expecting a follow up phone call from an agent today.

3. I had a slice of pepperoni pizza for breakfast, which must be why I'm craving cheesecake for lunch. This is a major nutrition fail day for me. Chocolate for dinner maybe?

Jeanne said...

1. Tomorrow will be raining and windy, a perfect day to stay inside and work on one of my PB dummies.
2. I have so many books I want to start, I am at a loss as to which one to pick next.
3. I keep my Reese's Peanut Butter Cups at the bottom of the bag holding Halloween candy for just that reason. But now a bag of Twix is gone!

Ame Dyckman said...

Hey, Shelli! I love Anastasia! I met her at the June NJ SCBWI Annual Conference. She's brilliant, so her Workshops must be super-brilliant! Please let us know how it goes, okay? Keeping my fingers and toes crossed (yup, I can do that!) for your friend. If it's good news, let me know, and I'll post it with a "Congratulations Kitty." And don't sweat the pepperoni pizza for breakfast... it represents all 5 food groups, so it's got to be okay! ;) Thanks for sharing!

Ame Dyckman said...

Hey, Jeanne! Hope your dummy work went well! When you said you have so many books you want to start, did yo mean writing or reading? So many fantastic books just came out, I think I'm going to have to declare a Reading Holiday on the Planet sometime next week. (Where, so much as possible with Husband Guy and Monkeykid, all I do is read... and occasionally, make PB toast!) And, I rooted through my own bag of Twix looking for the PB ones, until I realized I bought the wrong (i.e., non-PB)! Oh, the bummer!

StrugglingSerpent aka BL McIlvain said...

Oh, I'm late with my truths - ok - here goes...
1. I sent out my short story to four literary magazines (BL's holding her breath now)
.
2. I have an awesome husband!!!

3. I hide my Halloween candy then pretend I forget where I put it...but I really hear it calling to me from behind closed doors!!! How will I hold out?
Cheers, Bettelynn

Anonymous said...

Have my dummy set to work on now - decided to get errands out of the way first, (before the predicted thunderstorms!), so now my time is mine ... all MINE! Bwah-ha-ha-ha!
As to So many books to start - I was referring to books to read, and I can't quite tell what I want. This is when I wander from bookcase to bookcase with an especially long look at the 2 shelves of most recent acquisitions from HC Library sale, etc. I'm just opening up to what would feed my writer and illustrator best right now! Who knows?

Ame Dyckman said...

Hey, Bettelynn! Congrats on your subs! (Do you kiss your envelopes? I always did. And then, during the First Page Session yesterday at the NJ SCBWI Mentoring Workshop--hey, gotta get my SCBWI plug in there!--someone actually wrote about it! I'm glad it's not just me.) And while we're at it, congrats on your awesome husband! It is nice once they're fully trained. (I hope Husband Guy doesn't see this!)

Ame Dyckman said...

Jeanne, I know what you mean now! Books are like vitamins---you need some kinds for some parts of you, others for the rest! I'll check your blog and see what you choose! :)

Blog Archive